This image is more abstract and moody, thanks to some changes I made with the hue and contrast. I find the perspective in this image very interesting and the lines of the staircase add a very linear movement to the image. The different highlights- on the floor and around the edges of the stairs add a bit of random but interesting and playful movement to an otherwise very serious image.
For this composition I used two images to create a more coherent and harmonious composition. the picture of the NYC Postal Office with the cabs in the foreground, and a sunset. I wanted to go for a really subtle image, where it doesn't seem too obvious what the manipulation is. The warm orange colors add warmth to the image, which is really pleasing, and the intense hue that builds up in the left corner leads your eye to that corner, and the bright orange cabs lead your eye back to the foreground.
In this image I used a picture of a brick wall outside of Holman Hall, and a graffiti cartoon man that was found on the a different wall also outside of Holman. I tried to make it as if the cartoon man was originally a part of the wall. I used different techniques such a s distorting, blurring, and warping the layer in order to create a seemless combination of two images.



No comments:
Post a Comment